- Barter: cashfree exchange.
- Barter currency: a private currency that is valid within a membership organisation to account for exchanges of goods or services.
- Complementary currency: parallel to national currencies, backed by real transactions by real people in the real economy (as opposed to financial products, toxic assets, quantitative easing or other BS in the financial economy)
- Private currency: valid not for the general public, but only among the members of an organisation
- Stable currencies: not bought or sold as financial product, to make money out of money.